- DATE: Saturday, April 15th, 2017.
- TEXT: DE Panisher Matiyiehy 8: 6- 18
- TOPIC: Remember God when It is well with You
MEMORY VERSE: “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.” (Psalm 103:2)
There is no doubt that in this year of Dominion, Blessing and Honour, the Lord is set to do great and marvellous things in the midst of the Chosen people. He will indeed grant us victory on every side. The issue is what will you do after He has blessed you? Will you remain faithful to His calling or will you now return to the world to ‘enjoy’ the blessings? Unfortunately many people prefer to do the latter. They come seeking God not for who He is or to have fellowship with Him but because they seek to get one thing or the other from Him. They want spouses, children, money, health, jobs, etc and once they get them, they begin to despise the Giver of the gift. They return to their vomit and sooner or later lose the blessing.
Many people fail God’s test in the area of fruitfulness and multiplication. It is easy to pass God’s test when a person is in lack because he/she cannot afford not to rely on Him for his/her daily needs or else they will starve or find themselves without basic provisions. However when a person becomes comfortable that person can become independent and try to solve his/her problems without God. He will no longer pray for divine healing, ask for God’s blessing or seeks God’s direction anymore. The person gradually forgets God’s position in his life. This is a grievous sin in the sight of the Lord. Have you forgotten God now that He has granted you your heart’s desires and no longer seeks His face and counsel concerning your life? Repent and retrace your steps before it is too late.
Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points:
1. Oh Lord, help me not to forget or forsake you when it is well with me, in Jesus’ name.
2. Forgive me Lord, if I have in anyway relied on my strength or power instead of your grace, in Jesus’ name.
3. Dear Lord, grant me and all the Chosen fruitfulness and multiplication, in Jesus’ name.
4. I pray that you will spiritually grant our G. O and our mummy in the Lord Fruitfulness and multiplication as a way to further empower them towards fulfilling our three-fold visions and ten billion souls mandate, in Jesus’ name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA
- Twitter/Instagram: @Thechosenpress
You can get the hard copy of the devotional in any Chosen branch nearest to you. You can also get it on Google Play Store.