- DATE: Tuesday, April 18th, 2017.
- TEXT: 2 Kings 1-20
MEMORY VERSE: “Whom hath believed our report? And to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?” (Isaiah 53:1)
God’s will for us is that we experience fruitfulness and multiplication. We can find a long list of His promises on fruitfulness, joy, abundant life, etc, in the scriptures. God cannot lie. We must therefore hold on to His promises and believe that whatever He has promised, He is well able to bring it to pass. Sometimes, we find ourselves in tight situations that seem impossible to solve. It might be decades of barrenness or a case of seemingly incurable or terminal disease or generational poverty, in which cases all human theories and solutions fail to address. In the above scenario, it is possible for people to mock you and label you as poor and wretched and hopeless. But with God nothing shall be impossible. God is greater than any problem we might be facing and He can do all things. So, never look at the size of the problem before you. Instead look at the ‘bigness’ and greatness of the God we serve.
Our text today teaches us two important lessons. First, we should never doubt God. He has the power to do what He says He will do. No matter what the economy, your body, other people are saying, determine to believe only the word of God concerning that matter. Second, unbelief is costly and dangerous. It will make you lose your blessing and may even cost you your salvation if you do not repent. You cannot please God in unbelief. Determine today to trust God and His word completely without doubt and it shall be well for you.
Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points:
1. O Lord, give me the enabling grace to believe your word no matter what I might be going through, in Jesus’ name.
2. Every spirit ministering doubt and disbelief into my mind, I silence you in Jesus’ name!
3. I cast down every imagination that exalts itself above your word in my heart, in Jesus’ name.
4. Uphold our G. O and mummy in the Lord; cause them to increase and multiply in faith, righteousness, sanctification, fear of God, humility, etc and let them abound in all the fruits of the spirit, in Jesus’ name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA
- Twitter/Instagram: @Thechosenpress